Google+ Followers

Monday, July 30, 2012

Shrimp on the Barbie

Well folks, this one will be short and quick but if you give it a try I promise a good meal in less than a half hour. The local super market had shrimp skewers on sale for a dollar a piece. These are frozen  and I picked up 10 of them with a box of Uncle Ben's wild rice. I now have everything for a quick meal that both the wife and I like.

Got home and fired up the gas grill, and get it up to medium high temp. Came inside and layed the frozen skewers out and season them up with some Cajun seasoning. I only seasoned them on one side since Debbie doesn't like them too spicy. If they were just for me I would have seasoned them on both sides.  After the grill gets up to temp I lay the skewers on my Grill Grates. Grill Grates are great for this they are made of high quality air craft aluminium and will leave some nice charred grill marks on the shrimp.

Now is the time to make the wild rice just follow the instructions on the box. As the rice is cooking keep turning the skewers. As these are frozen it takes a little time you want to to cook the shrimp until they turn white being careful not to overcook. Overcooked shrimp is rubbery.

Once the rice and shrimp are done plate up the rice and place 3 to 4 skewers on top with a small salad on the side and you have a delicious dinner and all done in a half hour.