Google+ Followers

Monday, June 4, 2012

"Calling All BBQ Nerds"

Well folks, today I'm giving a shout out to all the BBQ nerds out there. You know who you are. You watch BBQ shows on cable network. You know who Myron Mixon and Johnny Trigg are,you follow the BBQ Brethren forum  and some other sites on the internet.You stop in the BBQ section at any store that carries any BBQ equipment. You have more than 2 pits and are looking at another one right now, but aren't sure if the wife will approve of another pit on the patio or the deck. You also have a drawer full of rubs and spices, 3 or 4 different sauces, and a few you haven't had a chance to try yet.

Do you see yourself, I know I've just described myself. The way I explain my passion for BBQ is to compare it to fishing or golf. I know guys that have a garage full of golf clubs and gadgets, or guys that have 3 or more tackle boxes full of lures and 6 to 10 rods and reels. That's not counting the boat or the green fees. The best part of my passion is I get to share some good eating with family and friends. The wife is on board because she's doesn't have to cook and what I'm cooking is pretty damn good.

Now where the nerd part comes into play is competition BBQ. I've got to be honest, I can spend 2 to 3 hours on the internet reading forums looking for a trick that will make my competition BBQ better. Just one trick that will get me a call or get me a little closer to a Grand Championship. OH Yeah!!! I'm a BBQ Nerd. If you are to, I urge you to embrace it. It's not a bad thing and if you have trick or a recipe that will help me please pass it along.