Google+ Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Simple for Lunch

Well folks; sometimes I like something simple and easy for lunch. Smoking doesn't always have to involve a lot of preparation and a long time on the the smoker. So today I did Bologna on the kettle, it's a easy and very tasty take on a classic lunch meat.

To do this, all you need is a chunk of bologna sliced in 1/4" slices. After sliced coat the meat in a light coat of yellow mustard. The mustard will act as a binder to hold your rub. For the rub I used Drapers AP,  this is fast becoming my go to rub works on everything even vegetables.

Now you have the bologna all seasoned it is time to set up the grill. I set the kettle up for a indirect cook and used some MOJO Cherry for a nice flavor.  Placing the slices on the cool side and closed the lid. You need to turn the slices about every 10 minutes until they achieve a nice golden color and are heated though.

This is a Pit Masters take on fried Bologna that I like better. The smoke flavor just adds something that a smoker of meat has a hard time resisting.  Try it, you may find a new way to prepare a classic lunch meat.