Google+ Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Baked Beans

Well Folks: What goes better with a plate of BBQ than Baked Beans? These aren't very hard to do and there are a lot of recipes on how to make this side dish staple. Today, I will tell you how I make my Baked Beans. You are more than welcome to adjust to meet you and and your families taste. That's whats fun about BBQ, making food that you like, and adjusting the taste to make each dish your own.

For this recipe you will need;

1  large can Bush's Original Bake Beans
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 Cup yellow mustard
2/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup BBQ sauce
1 Cup diced cooked rib ends

In a Aluminum baking pan pour in the beans, add the other ingredients and mix well. This is where I use the trimmings that I have been getting when I trim my spare ribs into St Louis Style. What I don't eat as Pit Masters rewards, I save for my bake beans. If you don't have rib trimmings you can use some thick sliced Bacon. Bacon is always a favorite of mine and I use Bacon as much as I can, Bacon makes everything taste Great.

Cover the pan and place on the grill for at least a hour, if you don't have space on the grill these can go into a 325 degree oven. After a hour the beans should be done, but you can hold in a 200 degree oven until time to serve.

These beans are a nice side dish, that goes with any BBQ meat from Pulled Pork, Pork Steaks and Ribs to Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Beef Brisket. Heck these make a pretty good stand alone meal. Give them a try and add your own special flavor profile to make them your own family tradition.

Next, how to feed a crowd.