Google+ Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Recipe #3,Not your Grandma's Apple Pie

Well Folks: I told you today would be a recipe that wasn't your Grandma's Apple Pie. Since Super Bowl Parties are about food and drinks, today it's all about drinks. Standard fare is normally some cold beer and a bottle of Vodka, Bourbon, and maybe Captain Morgan Rum. Nothing wrong with that, in fact all of you that know me, have seen me with a beer in my hand and I'm always happy with a silly grin on my face.

But Sunday is the Super Bowl, and it demands something special. So let's make a Apple Pie!!

You will need
1/2 gallon Apple Juice
1 gallon Apple Cider
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
6 Cinnamon sticks
750 MIL Grain alcohol, like Everclear

You'll need a stock pot large enough to hold all of the liquid.
In the stock pot add the apple juice, and the apple cider, over Medium heat.
Now add the White and Brown sugars and the 6 cinnamon sticks.
Bring the mixture to a boil, and stir to ensure that all the sugar is dissolved

After the sugar is dissolved take off the heat, and let cool to room temperature.
Now add the 750 Mil of Everclear.

 If you want you can serve in some small Mason Jars.

BE CAREFUL!! This stuff will make you Howl at the Moon. You drink to much of this, chances are you won't know the final score of the game.

Also NEVER Drink and Drive,  Call a Cab or sleep on the floor.

Tomorrow, I may have 2 recipes and I'll give you my pick of who will win the game.