Google+ Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bob's Cole Slaw

Well Folks: Today we will talk about one of my favorite side dishes for BBQ. That's a vinegar based Cole Slaw, to me nothing goes better with  BBQ than a good Vinegar base Cole Slaw. I like topping a Pulled Pork sandwich with Cole Slaw, just adds a nice flavor to the sandwich. Slaw also goes well with any BBQ meal you will make, and a good Slaw recipe is always nice to have.

My recipe comes from a guy that I use to sell cars with at a Ford dealership, Bob Kleen. We sometime would have a Pot Luck meal for lunch on Saturday, and he made this, and I asked him for the recipe, I thought it was that good. So that's why I call it Bob's Cole Slaw, it's his recipe.  To make this you will need.

2 bags Pre Cut Cabbage
1 Med Onion thinly sliced
1 Cup Vinegar
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 tsp Celery Seed
1 cup sugar

Bring the mixture less the Cabbage and Onion and the cup of sugar to a boil, allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute
Layer the Cabbage and onion in a bowl, pour the cup of sugar over the cabbage mixture followed by the vinegar mixture. Cover and refrigerate over night.
Next day stir to mix the entire mixture.

Hope you enjoy this, if you have your own Cole Slaw recipe that you really like please pass it along. I really enjoy a good Cole Slaw.

Tomorrow,  Meat Loaf on the grill