Google+ Followers

Monday, January 23, 2012

Welcome Everyone

Hello Everyone. I really don't have any idea what I'm going to do with this blog, other than I'll be posting my adventures in BBQ. I'll be posting recipes that I like and as I learn how,posting pictures of what I grill and step by step directions so you can grill the same food on your grill.

I will also keep you posted on how my BBQ Team fares on the the Sanctioned BBQ Contest Circuit.  The Team name is "THE MAN, THE GRILL, THE MAGIC".  This will be my first year competing in contests sanctioned  by KCBS and SLBS, it will be a learning experience. Hopefully by sharing my experiences, it will help myself and you if any of you are thinking of competing in the wonderful world of competitive BBQ. In prior years I have only cooked in Backyard contests.I haven't done badly, I have won a few trophies and a little money. So I have decided to jump in with the big boys and see how well I can do against the best.

Speaking of contests, my first one of 2012 will be the "5th Annual Polar Bear Pork Steak Cook Off" This will be held at the Pacific Eagles Clubhouse on Sunday Jan. 29th 2012. This isn't a sanctioned contest, but will be a chance to fire up the grill and compete against other Pit Masters

Hopefully you will enjoy my adventures in competitive BBQ, and you will learn a trick or two that will make you a better BBQ Pitmaster in your own backyard. I will do my best to entertain and teach you what I have learned over the years BBQing for family and friends. The most important thing to remember about grilling, be it in a contest or in the backyard is to HAVE FUN!!